Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 9

Sing it with me..."Cat, hat, in French chat chapeau. In Spanish El Gato wears a sombrero...." But seriously, the weirdest thing is watching an alopecian cough up a hairball. Eeeh, eehh, eh

My man Tcho, came through this AM. The boys and I shared a little kitty treat. I wouldn't say that it tastes like chicken, but it is a sweet meat. He spiced it up, and I tell you what, it was goud...he purred. Yup...I said Goud.

Today was training day 2 for the techs in the clinic. Day 1 last Friday covered below the knee prosth. Anatomical landmarks,
Measurement and casting for a BK. PTB. We had a patient model, each tech could practice palpating and. identifying the areas on an actual patient.

Today we modified that BK, then moved to AK. We had a decent patient model for this as well. Instructed on fitting and use of the Berkly Brims, covered the related anatomical landmarks, casted and measured.

At different times throughout the day, all 4 techs commented on how much they appreciated what we were doing. I tell you they are like 2 year old kids... I don't understand what they say, and they learn at an astounding rate. Their questions are outstanding. Alex Paul's notes are exceptionally detailed. Tcho's re-drawing of my anatomical drawings, could go in a text book.

Yvener was really getting warn out, translating all my ramblings, but we kept some good tunes playing and it was a great day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=9amXoVDT7i8&fulldescription=1

Tomorrow we are going to begin to cover some problem solving, as it relates to fit. Are issues related to socket, alignment, patient, and so on. The Israelis are coming in the afternoon again, tomorrow. They are bringing quite a few patients. Vern and I have agreed to keep one of the techs with us for each patient encounter, so they can see and understand the process, as well as do the work.

Janet, turns 54 tomorrow. Many of the people in the clinic have asked how Vern scored such a young wife. He's 55...but I think the white-grey hair isn't helping his case.

Reports from Janet are that the number of cholera cases in the hospital appears to finally be going down.

In the words of Ian Rawson, that's the berries!

Bon nuit
Chev Blanc
PDA

5 comments:

  1. Chev Blanc,

    If kitty treats abound can canary stew be far behind?

    I am preparing a notice to ASPCA, they will meet you at the airport in Miami.

    Be alert for northern breeze, each day I go out and face Haiti and exhale powerfully, do what I can to offset the heat.

    love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not going to show this to the kids. They may fear that Buster (the dog) will be next!

    Love, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried some different meats in Africa and China; but you could not pay me to eat cat or dog;, or drink snake wine like Dick did.

    Keep up your good work.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsVZ8RsSYYA
    bon appetit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paulie,
    That seems wrong. So very wrong. Aren't there any um...meatier critters available to dine on in Haiti? Yuck-o!
    Behave.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete